Kate Valentine Lynn (WIP)
Katie Valentine Lynn was born to Joseph S and Julia Ann
on February 26, 1872 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. , James Henry
Dillinder , past away in 1868. He married Clarinda Stephens in Tarrant County, Texas on June 1, 1869. Jim was the first child born to A.J. and Clarinda Stephens. His siblings are as follows: Martha Dillinder (1871-1882), Sarah Dillinder (1874-1955), Lucy Dillinder (1875-1948), Etta Dillinder (1877-1943), Minnie (1880-1882), Ida Dillinder (1881-1972), Charles Dillinder (1884-1909), Anna Belle Dillinder (1886-1972), and Alice Dillinder (1888-1963). For a short period of time from 1875-1877 they moved to Arkansas and then came back to Palo Pinto County, Texas. Martha, Lucy and Etta were born in Arkansas. All the other children were born in Palo Pinto County, Texas.
On June 23, 1894 Jim married Kate Valentine Dillinder , daughter of Joseph and Julia Ann Randolph Lynn.
The children of James "Jim" Henry Dillinder and Katie Valentine Lynn Dillinder are listed below.
- Andrew FLOYD Dillinder was born July 20, 1896 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. Floyd died August 22, 1898 in Palo Pinto County, Texas.
- Loyd Dillinder was born April 11, 1900 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. He married Fatine Ribble on June 4, 1928 in Young County, Texas. Loyd's sister, Jimmie, married Fatine's brother, H.L. Ribble.
- *Jimmie Lorraine Dillinder was born August 18, 1905 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. She married H.L. Ribble, Jr. on October 22, 1922 in Young County, Texas. They 2 children Billy Loyd Ribble (1926-1995) and Modene Ribble (1941). Jimmie died February 9, 1998.
- Attie Lois Dillinder was born August 20, 1908 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. She married Walter Jewel "Red" Bullard. Red was a 1st cousin to Fatine and H.L. Ribble. Red and Lois had two children.
- Noebelle Dillinder was born May 7, 1911 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. She was a talented artist. She married Granville Glen Southern July 31, 1933 in Lawton, Comanche County, Oklahoma.
- Margaret "Monk" Dillinder was born October 11, 1915 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. She married William Baxter Harley November 24, 1933. She had a baby girl, Jean Harley that was either stillborn or died soon after birth. She and William divorced. She then married Earl Reed. They adopted a baby, Larry Reed.
Funeral rites for James Henry Dillinder were held Wednesday, August 13 at 4pm from the Morrison Funeral Chapel with Rev. Charlie Norris Gilbert, pastor of the First Baptist Church at Spur officiating, assisted by Rev. Robert Martin, pastor of the Morningside Baptist Church, Graham. Burial was in Oak Grove Cemetery under the direction of Morrison Funeral Home.
Mr. Dillinder was born July 31, 1870, and passed away August 11, 1947, after a two months illness. He had been a patient in the Graham Hospital for the past month and was on his way home when he passed away several miles from his home. He was married to Miss Kate Lynn June 24, 1894 at Mineral Wells. He had been a member of the Baptist Church for over fifty years and was a member of the Morningside Baptist Church at the time of his death. He had lived in the vicinity for over 30 years and was well known by many in Young and Palo Pinto counties where he had spent most of his life
Survivors are the widow of Graham; one son, Loyd Dillinder of Gorman; and four daughters: Mrs. H. L. Ribble, Jr.(Jimmie Lorraine) of Graham, Mrs. W.J. Bullard(Lois) of Andrews, Mrs. G. G. Southern(Noebell), Seadrift and Mrs. Earl Reed (Margaret), Olney. Other survivors are 8 grandchildren, one great grandchild, and five sisters, Mrs. Lula Shewmake, Mineral Wells; Mrs. W. J. Foster(Anna Belle), Wichita Falls, Mrs. Ellen Davidson, Sarah Ellen Dillinder Davidson, Mineral Wells, Mrs. Walter Chedester, Covington, Ky., and Mrs. Ida Burnett, Chandler, Arizona.
Pallbearers were: Tige Phinney, Ward Spivey, Raymond Weldon, James Carter, Carl Worsham, Carl Carter. Honorary pallbearers were: J. Sewell, George Daves, H. L. Ribble, Sr., June Hamby, R. H. Young, Will Jarnagin, Ernest Stone, Paul Grady, H. J. Short, Harvey Gilmore, J. W. Ribble, and C. L. Ribble.
Jim and Kate's first born, Floyd Dillinder, died when he was 2 years old. They spoke fondly of this child the rest of their lives. Bill Ribble was one of his grandsons. He had great memories of spending time with Grandpa Jim. He would stop whatever he was doing when Bill came over. Grandpa Jim would spend time doing fun things with Bill and not worrying about work. The last few years of his life he suffered from dementia, his wife and all his children also had it.
Jim and Katie both had dementia starting years before they died. By the time they died that did not know their children. All 5 of their children had the same thing happen to them before they died.
From l to r Monk, Noebelle, Lois, Jimmie Lorraine, and Loyd -
1985 at Noebelle home in Seadrift. Some of Noebelle's paintings are on the wall behind them.
James and Katie Lynn Dillinder are buried in Oak Grove cemetery in Graham, Young County, Texas